Friday, December 18, 2009

How do I replace a front (crankshaft) oil seal?

How do I replace a front oil seal at the crankshaft on my engine? What is the best way to remove the old seal? How do I press in the new seal? Are there any safe short cuts? What should I be careful of?


Before you tell me to have a mechanic or guy do it, you should know I like doing this stuff.


I successfully replaced the oil pan gaskets, water pump, alternator, and a half-axle. (I can cook and sew too!)


It's time to move ahead.


Any tips for a little 5 ft %26amp; 102 lb Asian girl with a lot of courage?


My Chilton's Manual doesn't say.How do I replace a front (crankshaft) oil seal?
On some vehicles the engine must come out, at least partially, if it is rear wheel drive it is a piece of cake, but a lot of work. Depending on the egine the seal will be located under the timing chain gear under the water pump and timing chain cover. You can use a screwdriver to remove the old one, a wrench under it for leverage might help. Pop the old one out, wipe the area clean with a rag and replace. I cut a notch out of a 2';x4'; and place it squarely on the new seal and tap it in with a hammer. Front wheel drive vehicles are much more difficult though, you might want to consider having it done if that is the case. The bottom timing gear belt or chain must come off!How do I replace a front (crankshaft) oil seal?
Good girl, you tell 'em. Now tell us what kind of car you have and what the engine size is.
Like others ask ,,, type and modle ?? eng size ???


5' 102 ?????? WOW ! ! ! ! !
what kind of car do u have,and i can tell u

No comments:

Post a Comment