Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is there a heavy duty rear main oil seal that is garrenteed not to leak for a small block ford?

if it was just done, I would question the repair. otherwise, if that is a high mileage motor, the crank is known for wearing in that spot. They make a sleeve kit for the rear and front of those cranks. I have used them many times on various cars. Its basically new seal with a sleev that is tapped over the end of the crank. It makes for a perfect job. Dont ask autozone for one, but goto like Napa and ask them about it.





I would also say that knowing that is a 2 piece seal, if it started leaking right away, the guy could have put it in backwards and the lip is facing the wrong way. Sad, but wouldnt be the first time I have seen something like this.


I own 2 shops. 1 in Illinois and 1 in Indiana and have had my share of so called good mechanics. The one shop, I bet I went through 60 ASE mechanics in the first year to get 5 good ones.Is there a heavy duty rear main oil seal that is garrenteed not to leak for a small block ford?
I don't think there has ever been a guaranteed no leak seal for any car. Too many variables.Is there a heavy duty rear main oil seal that is garrenteed not to leak for a small block ford?
No unfortunately because a big problem with Ford engines is the fact that the block itself likes to twist and crack over time resulting in warpage. An update in manufacturing these blocks to remedy this common problem was enforced with little or no overall improvement. Just sell the car. Do research on my statements so you will see I am speaking the truth about this subject. Great question.
All of them are, if they're installed properly. Of course any seal can wear out and leak over time but they should last for years and 10's of thousands of miles of driving. If they're installed properly, that is.
All seals have a ';garrentee'; as you say so long as they are properly installed.
just make sure the seal is lubricated before installing it so it will not tear when the engine is cranked for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment