Saturday, December 26, 2009

Rear Main Oil Seal In My RAV4?

My rear main oil seal is leaking in my 1998 AWD Toyota RAV4 which has 170,000 miles on it. I was quoted 900-1300 to get it done. Is it worth fixing or is it alright to drive with it leaking? Im not sure if the leak will just get worse or if it will just continue to stay the same.Rear Main Oil Seal In My RAV4?
The price that you were quoted is a reasnable price, the leak itself will not seal itself, it's only going to get worse. If your not seeing oil on the ground yet after you pull away from a parking spot then I would wait.Rear Main Oil Seal In My RAV4?
if your rav4 is a 5speed manual trans you risk clutch problem s from the disc being soaked in oil and the fact that it may leak onto the exhaust and in the worst case cause a fire remember if you don't fix it at least keep the oil full
You need to ask your self if you wnat a new car with 3 to 5 years of payments or 3 to 4 months of payments if you put it on a Credit Card.


If the Body is good go for it, Don't forget the timing belt every 90,000 miles wont hurt the motor but it wont run if it breaks
  • facial cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment