Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can I put oil in a car after I have used block seal?

I just got my car back from the shop where they used block seal to fix my cracked block/head gasket problem. They were really guessing at the problem because they had no clue, but the oil was getting mixed with the coolant. Anyway after I got to driving the car I see that the oil light has flashed on, and I am wondering if it is okay to put oil in the car. I am so scared that I may mess something up if I do.Can I put oil in a car after I have used block seal?
block seal is not the proper fix to coolant in the oil. u are safe to change the oil. it is a good idea to do this because if coolant gets in the engine bearings like it allready is you will (not could) damage the engine. you need to get the problem looked at by a engine shop or a engine mechanic. coolant in the oil destroys the bearings in the engine. if u can i would not drive the car untill u get it looked at by someone that kows what they are looking for.Can I put oil in a car after I have used block seal?
Your screwed, take it to another shop that does not do that kind of poor repair work.


Definitely check the oil, oil pressure may be low due to coolant in the motor which may have gotten into the bearings and then it's time for a new engine.
if the oil light came on i would check the dipstick and see if you need oil. If oil is needed then add it...... or you will have a bigger problem on your hands .

No comments:

Post a Comment