Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Why sould I seal or not seal off the cpu when I build my oil cooled computer?

I have seen alot of oil cooled computers out there and I want to build my own. Some people say to seal around it with silicone.


Some don't even bring up the subject and just dip their computer right in. Has anyone had any experience with this?Why sould I seal or not seal off the cpu when I build my oil cooled computer?
NICE PROJECT,CONGRATULATIONS!


Sealing it with silicone clears away some unexpected bluescreens. The pins around the CPU when covered in oil cause some sort of electrical discharges.


One additional suggestion is for you to use motor oil,not cooking oil (semi-synthetic)...from my experience,after 2-3 months,a computer cooled with normal organic oil starts to smell like french fries...the semisynthetic or full synthetic oil is much better ...try 5W40,10W40...doesn't really matter that much and full synthentic doesn't start to smell..Why sould I seal or not seal off the cpu when I build my oil cooled computer?
yes the fans will help with cooling by circulating the oil around Report Abuse

There's an article on toms hardware at http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/01/09/s鈥?/a>
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment