Friday, December 18, 2009

How do I change a front oil Seal in an Eclipse?

How do I change a Front oil Seal on a 96 2.0 4 cylinder Mitsubishi Eclipse RX??





Thanks a lot.How do I change a front oil Seal in an Eclipse?
It requires a lot of work you have to remove all the engine drive belts then the crankshaft pulley. You then remove the front engine mount %26amp; timing belt covers. The engine must then be aligned so that the cam and crankshaft timing marks are lined up you then release the tensing pulley and remove the timing belt. There may also be a balance shaft belt that must be removed. You can then remove the belt drive pulley on the crankshaft , drill a small hole in the front seal and remove the seal with a small slide hammer. This is not an easy job and may need to be preformed by someone with some technical experience.How do I change a front oil Seal in an Eclipse?
I guess you are referring to the front oil seal?


If it is the front of the engine you have to pull the harmonic balance off


This is the big wheel at the bottom of the engine that all the belt or belts run on. It takes a special puller to get it off. My advice have it dun.

No comments:

Post a Comment