Friday, December 18, 2009

What causes a 1986 Cheverolet Camaro Z28 Torque Converter oil seal to fail?

It is leaking oil externally around the seal. What should be done? Can the seal be replace/ jerryrigged with RTV, what have you.....to seal it back up? Or does the tranny have to come down to replace the Torque Converter? Recommendations?What causes a 1986 Cheverolet Camaro Z28 Torque Converter oil seal to fail?
I do not know, but my Z-28 1988 RED Camero was a lemon, only 17,000 miles on it when I bought it. The engine block must have been cracked, warrenty still on it but chevey


garages stalled finding and fixing the problem. I would pull down a back street and put more water and antifreeze in the


engine because it would over heat since the first week I bought it.





The engine light would go on and the one chevey garage just unhooked the engine light and told me it is a faught in this car, and they just unhooked the nusence light. Time ran out, my husband left me with an expensice car that was a lemon--a BEATIFULL LEMON BUT A LEMON.





My son uses an engine glue that works marvelous on the block so Maybe this would work for you. Advanced auto in our area are really helpful about these things and parts and all are so reasonable to get also. I just talked ,at a funeral today, her uncle I taught how to drive in my IROC; He had been in an accident and I teased him, ';%26amp; I taught you how to drive'; .In that inflamous Iroc Z-28.( It was a freak accident and he was only going 25MPH but the guy already had a birth/medical condition so they sued Him. Sad


Do you own One of these cool Cameros? See we have some things in common, that is why your questions are so much fun?? Or it may be for your son or daughter????


Peace!! Never did get fixed, sold it for $1000.as Is; a guy droped another engine, got all new wheels and was set to drive that baby a 100,000 000 Miles. Good Luck!!What causes a 1986 Cheverolet Camaro Z28 Torque Converter oil seal to fail?
the seals do go


take down the trrans


remove the converter


replalce the rubber seals


keep the jobsite clean


If you dont know how goto the library or buy a chilton or haynes manuel


you can do it
age will cause it to leak. All 80's gms leak there. you have to replace the seal. Its not worth trying to jerry rig it.
Plain and simple Age caused it. The car is 22 years old after all.
  • facial cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment