Friday, December 18, 2009

I have taken my truck in to replace my clutch. the mech suggested I replace my oil seal now my truck leaks?

I took my truck in to have the clutch repaired . The mech recommended that I also replace the rear oil seal ( that was not leaking but was old). After the repair i have been leaking oil all over my drive way.I have taken it back twice and now he says that he cant fix the leak and It is my crankshaft . how do I proceed?I have taken my truck in to replace my clutch. the mech suggested I replace my oil seal now my truck leaks?
I had similar problems with my Pontiac Grand Am and last month. Try getting a free auto warranty quote and see if you can get the policy before you need to get your car repaired. http://www.autoadviceonline.com/Warranty鈥?/a>I have taken my truck in to replace my clutch. the mech suggested I replace my oil seal now my truck leaks?
HI


I've never heard of having to replace the main seal with a clutch? that don't make sense to pull the motor apart to get to the mail seal at the crank. The Fly wheel is between the clutch and the motor and it is much bigger than the clutch and would protect it from mail seal oil.. I've never had anybody tell me I had to replace the main seal when getting a clutch job.


Hose off the under side of you motor/ transmission the slid a piece of card board under there and see where it is really leaking from. Then you would know if it is the mail seal or the real transmission seal that you had him replace..


good luck


tim
i would have let him replace it while he had the clutch out of it, i never replace a clutch in one unless i replace the rear main seal in the engine,this happens once in a while the real main seal will let go and start leaking,it would have been a lot cheaper to had it done while the clutch was out,any good mechanic will recommend that you change the seal while your doing the clutch,he was just trying to save you some money you,ll have to deal with a mechanic on this issue,and find out where its actually leaking from, that could also be a oil pan gasket leaking on it,good luck.
sue him if it wasnt leaking before... then he mess up the job but whats best is just go somewhere better and have it fix right and learn form your mistake learning how to do most of the up keep your self
Yes, you should replace the seal. It can leak on the new clutch and cause failure
what engine?

No comments:

Post a Comment