Monday, April 26, 2010

Oil leak main seal 1999 plym. neon?

my oil is leaking and the people at the oil change place said it was the main seal..about how much with labor should it cost to fix?


also the car seems to not start as quick is that due to this problem or somthing diffrent.there is actually a diffrence when my tank is full, it starts better then when at 1/4 of a tank..could that be related too the same problem ? i have an appointment tomorrow, i just want to have an idea of the cost..etc.. thank youOil leak main seal 1999 plym. neon?
Put in new spark plugs and wires. That will probably fix the starting problem.





Before you do anything with a main seal, have the PCV system checked. A clogged/inoperative system will allow pressur to build in the engine and can lead to seal leakage.





The guy thats ';done a few'; probably has never ';done'; a neon, the transaxle has to come out, not an easy job, and is expensive.Oil leak main seal 1999 plym. neon?
only a guess but sounds like you need your tank cleaned or you fuel pump $100-$300 dollars.





don't know about the main seal.
concerning your oil seal,well the labor what will cost the most but if you want to save money then have a shade tree mech fix it for you.its not that hard,i done a few myself.as far as your starting problem ,the seal wont have anything to do with that.my guess is you need to drop the tank and clean it and put on a new gas filter.good luck.
the oil leak could be the head gasket or the cam position sensor on back of the head above the trans. dont run your gas tank that low on gas the fuel pump is working harder to pump fuel out when its at a1/4 tank
My daughter had the same problem with a 1996 Honda Civic with in the mid 100,000 miles range, and I just bought her a new Honda Accord. But, if I remember right, someone estimated an $800.00 repair cost to her car. Now, I can't guarantee the accuracy of my memory, but I'd also point out that other problems with your car may increase the repair costs. Truly, I don't have an exact figure for you, but, that's what I have to offer. I wish you the best. God Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment