Monday, April 26, 2010

Is it normal to have a ring of oil around your fork after getting your fork seals replaced?

I just got my fork seals replaced and after I got home I looked and I could see a line of oil going around each fork from where the fork compressed, is this normal? Is there supposed to be oil that gets on the fork like that? It didn't look like alot just a little line.Is it normal to have a ring of oil around your fork after getting your fork seals replaced?
I sure there will be some residual oil that gets on the forks. Wipe it off and keep an eye on it, if it returns you might need to have the shop inspect them to make sure they didn't make a mistake.Is it normal to have a ring of oil around your fork after getting your fork seals replaced?
Do what the above post says. Some guys take the old seals out with a screwdriver which gouges the soft aluminum and then they leak forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment