Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My transmission is leaking oil and I don't think it's the front pump seal?

I have a Siverado with a 4L60E transmission. The guy brought my truck to said that it is the front pump seal but I don't think that it is because of where the front pump seal is. The front pump seal is at the torque converter, correct? Well, I'm leaking transmission fluid where the harness plugs in (passenger side). In fact, there is barely any fluid getting onto the ground because all of the fluid is trapped on top of the transmission. If I wouldn't have had to change the engine harness I wouldn't even know that it is leaking.My transmission is leaking oil and I don't think it's the front pump seal?
TAILSHAFT SEALMy transmission is leaking oil and I don't think it's the front pump seal?
Then change the harness O ring in the transmission if that is indeed the location of the fluid drip. Sounds like it from your description.


If the front seal is bad, you will get a drip out of the bottom (inspection cover) or the bell housing through the little hole.


Change the filter, pan gasket and fluid while you are at it UNLESS you have very high miles on it.
If i understand u right about where it leaking the it sound to me like the T line fittings on pass side if you dont have fluid inside bell housing then its not pump seal. If it is leaking from other than where i think em me more info about where its at kmp1171@att.net

No comments:

Post a Comment