Monday, April 26, 2010

I bought a ';sterling silver amulet ,a small canister with a sealed bottle of oil in it anyone know what it is?

It is about 1 1/2 in tall ,sterling silver 925, has a loop like it could hang on a chain , would like to know if anyone has any idea what it could be.I purchased it at an antique sale.I bought a ';sterling silver amulet ,a small canister with a sealed bottle of oil in it anyone know what it is?
It could have belonged to a priest, and so the bottle could be filled with say chrism for when he did the blessing of the sick rites and travelled with it.I bought a ';sterling silver amulet ,a small canister with a sealed bottle of oil in it anyone know what it is?
I would ask the Community at ';I Antique Online'; http://www.iantiqueonline.com They have over 800 members who buy, sell or collect antiques and art. You will get more specialized feedback this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment