Friday, January 8, 2010

Oil painting with label on back that says Collectors corner inc. seal of authenticy?

I aquired an oil painting of the waves hitting rocks on the beach, it has a label on back that says Collectors Corner inc. seal of authenticy, and to include painting in insurance coverage for theft, it also has a serial #, I was wondering if this painting may be workth ;anything?


I can't make out the signature on the painting but the first intitial begins with an A. and last name begins with an L. Can anyone help please?Oil painting with label on back that says Collectors corner inc. seal of authenticy?
I'm sure your painting is lovely. but in all my years, no one has ever had a ';masterpiece'; I.E an undiscovered Rembrandt, with a ';seal of authenticy'; label on the back. Auction houses don't label art, they assign it a number and a certificate is issued to the bearer.





Art becomes valuable because of rarity and who actually painted it. Any thing that is marketed as a ';collectible'; or ';rare'; is not. It is mass produced.





Best bet - look on Google for Collectors Corner , see what comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment