Friday, January 8, 2010

Gearbox oil seal sealer concern?

Thank you for all the replies I have had to my previous questions on here. One last question I need to ask is as you know the garage used a sealer mixed in with the gearbox oil and I have decided to get the oil replaced when the job is done properly because of this. I will have driven the car for about 10 days covering about 200 miles.





If the sealer they used was abrasive to the gears etc would it have done any lasting damage to the gearbox in the time I have been driving it or should I be safe ?


51 minutes ago - 4 days left to answerGearbox oil seal sealer concern?
As I already said - a sealer by its nature to do its job will have to be flexible and not rigid or contain any rigid/hard bits - thus it cannot be abrasive and will have done no damage to the box.


This will be the case no matter how many times you ask so please stop worrying.


Think about it - why would a sealer designed to work in oil be made in such a way that it would damage what the oil was there to protect!!!!Gearbox oil seal sealer concern?
Timbo is correct overall but do have the oil changed when You have the seal replaced!

No comments:

Post a Comment