Friday, January 8, 2010

I replaced my oil pan gasket last night, but i broke one of the bolts off. would this effect with the seal?

is there anyway to get it out? what kind of gasket sealer should i use? how long does it take to seal? would 19 out of 20 hold it? becuase after chaning it last night i ran it for about 30 in and it will still leaking. so i dont know if i just didn't let it sit long enough or it was something i did.I replaced my oil pan gasket last night, but i broke one of the bolts off. would this effect with the seal?
it should seal as soon as the bolts are done up- chances are that its still leaking because you snapped the bolt!


take the oilpan back off and see if you can get a pair of vice grips onto the broken bolt and wind it out.I replaced my oil pan gasket last night, but i broke one of the bolts off. would this effect with the seal?
I think there is more to the leak then one missing bolt. I would take it to the dealer and have it repaired. It will be expensive, but just accept it as necessary. A tip in the future would be to use a torque wrench or if u r right handed to use your left hand to tighten.


Using ur less strong hand is a good way not to over tighten fasteners.





  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment