Friday, January 8, 2010

Gearbox oil seal sealer concern?

Thank you for all the replies I have had to my previous questions on here. One last question I need to ask is as you know the garage used a sealer mixed in with the gearbox oil and I have decided to get the oil replaced when the job is done properly because of this. I will have driven the car for about 10 days covering about 200 miles.





If the sealer they used was abrasive to the gears etc would it have done any lasting damage to the gearbox in the time I have been driving it or should I be safe ?Gearbox oil seal sealer concern?
Get the sealer product name and look it up on the internet to find the manufacturer's website. Read the specifications for the product to assure yourself that it was used properly in your gearbox.Gearbox oil seal sealer concern?
sealer dont work and any good shop wouldnt use any adn most people never replace gear oil they just top it off my car has 300,000 miles never had it replace yet just added to it when low 200 miles most people drive that in every week or in four hours if you had a leak an dits not leaking now why worry if its been repaired its fix
Very unlikely that a sealer could be in any way abrasive and still do its job.


Hope you get it sorted this time as I am beginning to become obsessive about it as well and I have never even seen the damned car.
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment