Friday, January 8, 2010

How much will it cost to replace a Front Oil Seal on a 97 Subaru Legacy?

My mechanic tells me that I need a front oil seal replaced on my 97 Subaru Legacy AWD with 123,000 miles. I've been needing to put oil in it every month or so to bring it to full, and I know it's leaking because I smell burning oil when it drips on the hot exhaust. I trust my mechanic and I am an amateur mechanic myself, but don't want to tackle something this big.





I'm looking for a ball park estimate, any advice would be appreciated!How much will it cost to replace a Front Oil Seal on a 97 Subaru Legacy?
you will need to replace all of the seals at the same time, 2 cam one crank seal. plus the timing belt and tensioner should be replaced too. ball park figure is 4 hours labor plus 100 dollars in parts. and you might as well have the water pump and thermostat done and maybe the accessory belts done if needed.
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment