Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Took my 96 Accord in because of an oil leak. I was told that the cam seal and crank seal were leaking and?

would need to be replaced. I was also told that the timing belts might need to be replaced. When I went to pick up my car I was told that they did need to replace the timing belts. They saved the old belts like I asked and they look almost brand new. Anyway I pulled out my credit card and was told that the machine was down and they could only take cash. I assume this was so I could not put a stop payment on the card when I realized they messed up my car. I needed my car so I ended up coming back with cash the next day. I picked up the car and it was shaking, making noise, had a lot less power and it smelled like something was burning in the engine. I brought it back and the guy looked at it, checked the timing, drove it around the block and said he didn't notice anything wrong. He said to leave it and he would check it out more thoroughly. I picked it up a couple days later and it's still the same. So basically I'm out $450 and stuck with a crappy running car. What should I do??Took my 96 Accord in because of an oil leak. I was told that the cam seal and crank seal were leaking and?
Make sure you have documentation of all transactions with the first mechanic.


Go to another mechanic and get it checked. Have him write out the problem. If the problem is from the first mechanic, then go to other mechanic with the findings. If he refuses to fix it then sue him in small claims.Took my 96 Accord in because of an oil leak. I was told that the cam seal and crank seal were leaking and?
They have one of your timing belts one cog off.....your belts need to be serviced every 40k to 50k miles. most people dont do this, they wait for their belts to fail....Im not taking ';their side'; BUT he probably did you a favor by replacing them, he just made a mistake, probably doesnt want his boss to know. i would get a second and third opinion...
Go back and have the guy drive with you so you can point out what is wrong. If he refuses to fix anything else there's really not much you can do. Maybe ask your family or friends where a trustworthy and reliable auto shop is located. A lot of those places scam people out of a lot of money. O and if he tries to say you need something else fixed, take it to another shop and get a second opinion.
take to another mechanic get fixed or an estimate with exactly whats wrong in writing if it was caused by they.re actions confront and ask for reimbursment if they refuse see judge joe brown

No comments:

Post a Comment